1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot find this vintage Burberrys tag anywhere

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Vicotoria, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Vicotoria

Vicotoria Registered Guest

I cannot for the life of me, find anything that looks remotely similar to this tag online. I know it's definitely vintage because of the (s), this is for a girls Burberry beige Nova check plaid long sleeved dress that I purchased. Screenshot_20210622-230439_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20210622-230448_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20210622-230439_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20210622-230448_eBay.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  2. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Interesting. Apparently, Burberry Launches it's first Childrens-wear line in 2001?!? It looks like an 80s style, the label could be a counterfeit but I'm not sure. I have not come across this type of label on any Burberry Kids wear before. I'm quite familiar with Burberrys vintage adults clothing and their labels, and there was one similar in the late 70s-early 80s. It's odd because the labels do look genuine. Can you show us some pictures of the seams to try to help date it?

3. Vicotoria

Thank you so much for replying. It seems to be impossible to find any information about Burberry girls dresses online for some reason.
    You'll have to bear with me, I will have to post the pictures of the seams in a few weeks when I return.

4. Vicotoria

Sorry for the delay, back earlier then originally thought I would be. Here is a picture of the seams. I find that really interesting that you can tell approximately when this was made, just by looking at the seams.

Attached Files:

GemGem likes this.
  5. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Well its not an exact science but all the clues help build a picture, there are so many experts here I learn something new everyday!

Those seams look modern to me, in saying modern I think 90s or later, I'm actually thinking this is a much more modern garment though. I can't explain the labels, perhaps someone else has more knowledge on the seams or Burberry childrens wear.

6. Vicotoria

Thank you! It's definitely a start. I am incredibly new to the Burberry world and have a lot to learn as well.

7. Vicotoria

Can I ask another question unrelated to kids wear? Maybe you have seen this along your travels.
    If you purchased a men's Burberrys trench coat directly from the manufacturer in England (I'm going back in the day), do they indeed mark the item across the tag in red/black ink to say that it came from the manufacturer? I've seen a few items like this, but once again I cannot find any information about it.

Attached Files:

GemGem likes this.
  8. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

As far as I’m aware many designers have used this technique for sale items, i believe so that they can not be returned. It would make sense that the same would apply if buying direct from manufacture if the price were reduced or, for example, it was a sample.

9. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

yes, agree. it is used to denote items that are marked down and not returnable.

GemGem likes this.