1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot locate/identify this 60s handbag

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by TylerKRh, Oct 17, 2017.

1. TylerKRh

TylerKRh Registered Guest

hello all! So my mother who just turned 69 is starting to go through some of her old fashion items and we found this interesting bag. It has a mesh or chain mail inner liner, while the outside seems to be two inch leather squares that are linked together by chain adornments. This bag was taken to a Stones concert in 69. There are zero brand indicators other than "S•H" on the zipper.

Attached Files:

2. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

So the bag attended a Stones concert? What a great provenance! The chainmail liner sounds very interesting.

Bringing this back up to the top.

3. Great bag! 1969 seems about right. What would you like to know about it?

Are you sure that it's leather? On my screen it looks like it could be vinyl. If you're not sure, please supply a nice clear close up. If you have a look at the edges it's easy to tell if it's real or synthetic. It looks to be in awfully good condition.

4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

It's only rock n roll but I like it!

The Vintage Vendeuse likes this.
  5. TylerKRh

The chain mail is very cool! Vintage Paco Rabannes seem to use a similar chainmail industrial style (very cool to look at). I've found a Meyers bag that's similar but looks far more "plastic-y"

6. TylerKRh

Ironically the family has had a debate regarding the material and we don't believe it's leather either... it is in near perfect condition. A couple light scratches on one of the bottom squares. Very unique bag. I've been obsessing and still haven't found anything just like it... seems to be MOD style.

Attached Files:

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  7. Thanks for the extra pics: yes, it looks synthetic. Are you hoping it's an unsigned Paco Rabanne? I tried google but couldn't find anything similar, I'm sure you've done this too.

8. TylerKRh

Yes I have been scouring google with all kinds of search terms... that would certainly be something if it were!

9. I think it's a safe bet that a real PR would use leather, and also be signed somewhere. Your best bet is to find a PR expert if you can as we can't authenticate here anyway.

10. TylerKRh

Thanks for the advice, I will update with any relevant developments!