1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carnegie Boutique NOT Hattie, any Information?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Impey, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Impey

Impey Registered Guest

At the other end of the spectrum to all the lovely prints is this little black dress I picked up. It’s labelled Carnegie Boutique, has gorgeous semi-transparent puffed sleeves with cuffs and is incredibly plain, it’s only real embellishment are the diamanté buttons on the cuffs.

so, there is a very similar label in the archive indicating 60s, but it has washing instructions and a plastic zip...apologies that the only photos I have of the dress are worn - I will try and get some more tomorrow.

I’d really appreciate any information about the label and thoughts about age based on its style.

many thanks

Impey

Attached Files:

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

That's another good one! I'm not sure about UK care labels... I know we had them here in Switzerland by the late 60s.

It reminds me of this pattern, which is dated 1968 - a bit less of the transparent fabric, but otherwise very similar in style:
    Simplicity 7893_2.jpg

Retro Ruth and Vinclothes like this.
  3. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I think care labels weren't compulsory here, until some point in the 70s (I'd love to find an exact date for this!), But some manufacturers started using them earlier. So neither the care label or the plastic zip rules out late 60s.

4. Impey

Impey Registered Guest

Thanks everyone!