1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caught Wearing Vintage!!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by BijouVintage, May 12, 2010.

1. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

This is a shot of me at an art show with my handmade jewelry and my new favorite vintage dress and sunglasses. Anyone else have photos to share of YOU in vintage?:headbang:

2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

This is me taken last week in NYC- wearing a Vintage '50's skirt I bought from VFG Member The Vintage Bungalow.

[​IMG]

Linn

3. missproper

missproper Alumni

Very cute dress Beth! And Linn, I love the skirt - red is my favorite color :)

Here's me in my dress from Hollis and shoes from Chris!
    Pardon the less than glamorous background in the hotel room at VLV

[​IMG]

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

:wow22: you all look great!

[​IMG]
    About three weeks ago on the travel agents fam trip I was on. For the farewell dinner in Sydney, they had arranged a "Priscilla Spectacular" performance for us, and everybody got their pic with the performers. I not only bought vintage stuff on that trip, but I took my lovely 50s cocktail dress with me to finally give it an outing :D . I don't have a lot of opportunities to wear evening wear, but fam trips usually have a few more formal dinner functions.

[​IMG]
    From my "Flavor of the Day" Facebook fashion diary. A new skater dress and leggings combined with a vintage dirndl cardigan and my new 40s jacket - quite my favorite new outfit!

Karin

5. missproper

missproper Alumni

Karin - I love your 50's cocktail dress! :)

6. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

You all look amazing. There's a lot of 50s here, and I'll add to it, this was around Christmas.

Ruth

7. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

WOW ! :dreaming: This has to be one of my all time fav threads. ::USETHUMBUP:
    You all look great,
    what ambassadors for vintage you all make.

8. Sweetrockingal

Sweetrockingal Registered Guest

These are a few of my favorite:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Makes me wanna get dressed and get out seeing all these great pics

9. Ookoo

Ookoo Registered Guest

For a Palm Springs party this last weekend, that had "The Future" as its theme, I'm wearing a 70's poly mini dress, go go boots, a bubble helmet, and a jetpack made from cadillac lights.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. laughingmagpie

laughingmagpie Registered Guest

I love this thread too! It's great to see vintage clothing out there, having a good time, and making you all look fabulous!

Ookoo - I have to ask: I've been looking for a bubble helmet for a costume project for AGES (over a year now!) Where did you find that glorious sphere you are wearing?

Jen

11. Ookoo

Ookoo Registered Guest

Hi Jen,

It's an acrylic lamp globe, purchased from a bulb supply company. My dear husband used a dremel tool to make the opening.

I'd like to hear more about your costume project!

Ookoo

12. missproper

missproper Alumni

That's awesome :P

13. Here's me with my car in the Seal Beach Car Show in April. My lovely dress is thanks to Suzanne at AnothertimeVintageApparel. She sent me a box of dresses in my size on approval and I was able to pick out the ones that fit me best, including this one.

Suzanne you're a peach :kiss2:

P.S. My hair was smooth as silk before I left the house. That foggy beach weather is no good for naturally wavy hair, lol!

[​IMG]

14. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

SO fun to see everyone in vintage. I wear it as much as possible - almost always wear vintage jewelry! Meant to comment that I love Angela's dress. I was sorely tempted to buy it myself when Hollis had it listed. Amber - love your dress and your car!!!

Love Midge's and Ruth's dresses, too and Ookoo what fun!!! One Halloween my husband put an acrylic salad bowl over his head as a helmet (just for a few minutes.) SOrry I don't know your name Sweetrockingal but thanks for sharing the photos!

Linn

15. Thanks Linn! I love when you post pictures of yourself in vintage. You carry it off so well and really make it current. I love that!

Ookoo! Oh my Gosh! That HAS to be just the coolest costume EVER!! The globe is fab but your jet pack in ingenious!! :o

16. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

17. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

:clapping: OoKoo cracks me up! What a great costume..

and I think Amber is one of the VFG Hotties!! Go girls!

18. laughingmagpie

Thanks, Ookoo! I've been wanting to make a 1940s-50s comic book/pulp-inspired space girl costume, which is why I've been looking for a helmet too.

I'd love to join the parade here, and decided I should pick an outfit that has items I can remember the VFG member I bought them from. This was from a trip to NYNY.

The black beaded cardigan (1950s) was from Jody at CoutureAllure, and the pink linen dress (late 1930s) was from Susan at NorthStarVintage (mixing decades!) Thank you both! :USETHUMBUP:

[​IMG]

Jen

19. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

This thread just keeps on getting better and better.
    personally these photo always inspire me or is it the the little green man comeing out when I see every one looking so good.
    Jen do not worry about mixing decades I sure that when on back in 19**'s

20. laughingmagpie

Thank you Pauline! :)

Jen