1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chacok and Roger Brines

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Jennifer Clemmens, Jul 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Jennifer Clemmens

Jennifer Clemmens Registered Guest

Hello,

I have two vintage items with these labels and finding it difficult to find much information on either of them. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of these names?
    Thank you!
    Jenni

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Welcome to the forums Jennifer. I know you had problems registering and we appreciate that you persisted!

I don't know these names, sorry. Hopefully someone will. You can also post photos of the garments if you want help with dating them.

3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

gatco likes this.
  4. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Just a couple of bits I found about Roger Brines:

-- French-born designer, born ca. 1922
    -- Worked for Digby Morton for 17 years
    -- Had his own studio for 25 years; opened a couture house on South Molton St ca. 1969
    -- Princess Margaret bought many of his designs, including a gown she wore at Princess Diana's wedding
    -- Began work for Hartnell ca. 1986-87

5. Marilyns Vintage

Marilyns Vintage Registered Guest

Princess Margaret, the sister of Queen Elizabeth II, attended the wedding of Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer (Princess Diana) on July 29, 1981. She wore a dress designed by Italian fashion designer Mauro Garigliano. The dress was a turquoise silk gown with a fitted bodice, draped skirt, and a matching hat. Garigliano was known for his elegant and sophisticated designs, and Princess Margaret often wore his creations for special occasions.

amandainvermont likes this.
  6. Marilyns Vintage

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has come across this Italian designer from Ancona, Italy. I have a woven wood jacket with touches of Dior about it, like the weighting chain on the inside hem. It looks like it were from the 1950s. I have attached a photo the jacket and label. Thanks for looking. Carmel

Attached Files:

7. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

Carmel, for your question to get more attention and possible answers, please begin a new post in this forum:

https://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/forums/public-vintage-fashion-ask-questions-get-answers.39/

8. Marilyns Vintage

Thanks for that. Firstly I should have said Chanel, not Dior.

9. Marilyns Vintage

Secondly I’ll go to your link and thanks so much.