Chanel Bomber Jacket - Authenticity?

ClareF

Registered Guest
Hi guys,
I was wondering if i could get some help authenticating this chanel bomber jacket i recently won on ebay. Chanel is a label I don't know much about - I was just about to pay for this piece and I realised that the Chanel boutique label is in gold thread rather than white, and I've only seen the "chanel boutique" label in white on black before. I'm guessing it's an 80s piece.

I initially didn't hesitate because the seller has no negative feedback and the embroidery/overall quality of the item looks really well made, and i've never seen this particular jacket before (i would imagine most fakes to be of popular styles - like the chain bomber jacket, or a boucle suit... or an item of another brand with the chanel label sewn on).
Screen Shot 2013-09-24 at 8.29.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-09-24 at 8.29.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-09-24 at 8.29.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-09-24 at 8.29.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-09-24 at 8.30.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-09-24 at 8.38.52 PM.png

Your help is greatly appreciated... thanks

thanks... I was wondering though, has anyone come across this particular chanel label before? (chanel boutique with the gold thread) ... as i don't see that version of the label on the label resource
are there any dead giveaways that it's not authentic?

those were the only photos provided... but right now after having done some research i am leaning towards thinking it's a fake. mainly because i realised that the interlocking C's embroidered at the front of the jacket are wrong (the right C is straight on top of the left C, but i read that they are supposed to be interlocking) - but also the person who listed the item said it was a new jacket which doesn't make sense at all unless they meant "new old stock" because new items don't have the chanel boutique label

Smart move Clare. If more buyers spent a little time researching than buying, it would put an end to this counterfeit crap market. :USETHUMBUP:

Hi all - could you help me tell if this Chanel is counterfeit? I'm not terribly familiar with spotting fakes, I simply like this jacket- so I could use your expertise. I'm not looking to purchase anything from the counterfeit industry. Thanks for all help in advance.
m_5871a92978b31c7d8e0a41fb.jpg
m_586d495513302a7bd00108ce.jpg
m_5871a92b78b31c7d8e0a4201.jpg

Back