1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAQ: about The Vintage Fashion Guild (VFG), including how to get help with your vintage fashions

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by cactusandcattails, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

Welcome to the Vintage Fashion Guild's public forums, where ideas are exchanged daily by friends and members both.

Have some lovely vintage finds you're bursting to share with like-minded vintage lovers?
    Or have questions about a garment that you need some guidance with?

You've come to the right place!

We do have a few easy to understand Forum Rules that we ask that you read through before you get started.

Again, we welcome you, and hope you will find our resources helpful as well as fun!

~~~

"I have a specific question about a specific garment; how do I get help with it?"

There is an enormous amount of interesting information gathered here at The Vintage Fashion Guild, so we suggest that you first simply go to the Vintage Fashion Guild home page and check out the resource there. You can also run a search by entering keywords specific to your garment in the search box on the right side of the VFG home page.

If you are unable to find a quick answer there, we have an amazing array of resources for you to peruse (direct links below), or please feel free to post a question with photos so we can help you more readily.

"How do I start building my own expertise?"

*The "Tips and Tricks" section on our main page is a wealth of information for anyone from the novice vintage lover to a true vintage aficionado.

*There is a lot of information about garment specifics on our main page.

*Check out our interesting and very informative timeline.

*Question about a fur garment? Check out our Fur Resource here.

*Trying to identify your garment from your label or tags? Check out our Label Resource which also includes ILGWU union labels.

*Need help dating vintage lingerie? We have an excellent Lingerie Guide to help.

*We also suggest that you begin to build your own library of resource information; see the VFG Bookstore on Amazon.com, (and the UK VFG bookshop on Amazon.co.uk) for recommended reading. We also have some VFG Book Reviews to help guide you.

*And a list of books written by VFG members.

*Don't forget to check the resources at your own local library; you may be surprised at what you'll find there, too.

"How can I express my thanks?"

*We've created a page listing various ways you can show your appreciation. See Ways to Say Thank You.

*We appreciate your acknowledgment of the VFG in any commercial listing or blog post.

*We welcome donations to the VFG to help us maintain and expand our resources. You can find a donate button on the VFG homepage

"How do I apply for Membership?"

*This is our Code of Practice; if you find you're already utilizing these guidelines, you may be eligible for membership with us.

Edited by Leonardo da Vintage, July 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.