Chanel dress coat

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by dirtydoris, Dec 16, 2012.

1. dirtydoris

dirtydoris Registered Guest

Hi everyone!!.. just found this forum and so pleased as it has lots of useful information! but I'm here as I need help dating this jacket, Label reads in english & chanel.jpg french (dry clean only) and then AN#84177 CA#09985 tried searching online regarding the Chanel labels but information is very limited so really hoping someone on here can help!..

thank you!

2. Sorry, I can't be of any real help since I know so little about Chanel (I only ever had two pieces pass through my hands) but, strangely, a search on the RN number database comes back as Diane von Furstenberg. And the CA number comes back as Janet Lee de Montreal, a company in Quebec, Canada. Wait for more knowledgeable minds to check in. (And they may request a photo of the actual garment.)

3. dirtydoris

Thank you for trying! much appreciated!!..lets hope someone can shed some light on this.. here's a couple of pics of the jacket, chan1.jpg chan2.jpg

4. I'd call that a coat dress and go with '90s for a dating.

5. dirtydoris

Thank you Nicole!

6. I should add that we can't authenticate it, and the numbers on the label suggest that it might not be authentic.

7. cosmiccowgirl

cosmiccowgirl Alumni

That's not a correct Chanel label.

8. yumyumvintage

yumyumvintage VFG Member

I would take label out and sell its cute!.... it would save you trouble.