1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chanel Scarf Fake or Real

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Vintage Lady, May 5, 2013.

?

Is this real?

1. Real

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Fake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not sure

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Vintage Lady

Vintage Lady Registered Guest

Howdy. I recently found alot of my grandmothers scarfs. Is this one real? DSC09658.jpg DSC09661.jpg

2. Hello - can you please tell us a little more about your scarf, that will help with determining if it is authentic or not.

Firstly: what fabric is it made of.
    Secondly: is the hem machine or hand sewn?

Do you know how long your grandmother had the scarf, where she got it from or if it was just folded like this or in a box or package of some sort. As you know, there are a lot of fake Chanel scarves out there, and from the limited information provided we can not tell.

The only way to authenticate something like this is to take it to a Chanel expert, who can feel it and see things that we can not see from a couple of photos. The VFG can not authenticate designer goods but if you help us, we may be able to provide some information.

3. Lori Messing

Lori Messing Registered Guest

I have a silk chiffon scarf that has the Chanel CC's with a circle between them in crystals. Can I get help to authenticate this. It's gorgeous. It also has a Peacock in crystals as well.

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

As Nicole stated above: