1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Child's type 2 levi jacket

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by DEANNA J TABOR, May 4, 2022.

1. DEANNA J TABOR

DEANNA J TABOR Registered Guest

I found a very small, probably for 9 to 12 month old child, Levi Type 2 Big E jacket. I cannot find any information about a jacket this small. If anyone can provide information, please let me know. Thank you.

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forums. Can you please post photos of the jacket and any labels it has, as that may help with information, most of all with dating.

And is there any other specific information that you were looking for?

3. DEANNA J TABOR

Thank you for your email. I am new to the forum. I have posted some pictures. I would like to know something about this jacket. When was it made? Is it a common item? Does it have any value?

Attached Files:

jess k likes this.
  4. Ken at Aero

Ken at Aero Registered Guest

Dates from between 1953 and 1959.
    Must be very rare, I've never seen one by Levi this small

5. jess k

jess k Registered Guest

if you decide to sell, i’d love to know please! my son would look adorable in that!

6. Ken at Aero

This comes from a Rare Denim collector's blog (I'm not allowed to add links but the jacket is in much poorer condition than yours)
    Here's what he says

One of my latest vintage purchases is this original vintage Levi’s Big E 507XX (Type 2) Jeans jacket for kids. These small kids versions are hard to find and therefore rare and true collector items. I was lucky to get my hands on one of them. The jacket has a perfect vintage washed-out look with several different blue tones. This look of a worn-out jacket is really hard to fake or to copy in a denim wash factory. The 507XX jacket, also known as the Type 2, was introduced in 1953. It still has the Red Big E Tab on the right pocket. Inside the jacket you will see the faded selvage and the buttons are stamped with digit #17. As you can see the cuffs were cut-off and the sleeves were folded to the inside to make them shorter, that explains the lines on it.

Levi archives might well be interested in your jacket

jess k and Retro Ruth like this.
  7. DEANNA J TABOR

Thank you so much for the information. You referenced a jacket in your reply; however, I did not see a picture.

8. Ken at Aero

I doubt if Im allowed to post pics, pity I can't post a link as there were loads of photos

Go to Google images
    Search

Levi Jacket Childs etch a sketch

jess k likes this.
  9. DEANNA J TABOR

Thank you for the response. I posted several pictures of the jacket. I will try to look through Google.