1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coat with fur trim information

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by GenmaichaHorchata, Aug 15, 2017.

1. GenmaichaHorchata

GenmaichaHorchata Registered Guest

I bought this the other day in a vintage store. It has no label, and I was wondering if anyone might have any insight into where it was made or any other interesting info.

The fur trim seems to be fox, and it looks like it might've been added later on as the lining for the fur pieces differs from the coat's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks!

2. SunshineLAGirl

SunshineLAGirl Registered Guest

Trim is fox for sure .

3. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

This thread was created a long time ago and I did not see it. I’m sorry @GenmaichaHorchata .

I’m not sure if you have this coat anymore however I might be able to offer a tad bit of insight.

The fur itself is Blue fox which can be found all throughout the Arctic.
    The fox has been termed blue fox because it has been said to have a bluish cast in the winter snow.

It was indeed added at some point. The coat appears to have been altered too where the lining of the fur trim meets the wool and the edge of the coat lining just above also appears to have been restitched.

Additionally the coloration of the collar and cuffs don’t exactly look like a match to the hem so they may not have originally gone together.

Without any labels it would be very hard to tell where the coat itself came from.

The date would be hard to tell as well because of the alterations, although on a person or dress form there might still be some indicators.