1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cute as the dickens red felt slippers - age?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by ellenm, Aug 6, 2004.

1. ellenm

ellenm Registered Guest

[​IMG]<br>[​IMG]<br>[​IMG]<br>

I think these are so darn cute. Does anybody have an idea about how old they are? Jonathan? The inside of the slipper is felt, as is the tongue. They are stiffly framed around the heel.

2. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Ellen, I'll check a couple of my 50s catalogues....they are saying 50s to me, and yes, they are tres cute!

Sue

3. I agree 50s, and they are so cute. What size?

4. ellenm

ellenm Registered Guest

There are no size or maker markings on them. I will have to measure them. I hate that. It becomes a toss-up as to what size they are because it's so hard to get an accurate measurement. They are a decent size, though, maybe 6-7.

5. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

That style was around for a long time. Rhonda ( Angelwalker ) had a pair a while back and I found them in my 50's catalog Mens and womens were called Everets. I have some shown that were sorta like them in my 1902 catalog.

I had told Rhonda they just reminded me of the Shirley Temple movie where she lives in the attic after her father is presumed dead. And the boarding school people were so mean to her. Her father sat in the wheelchair calling Sarah Sarah, The littlest princess??? And I don't know why they always remind me of that movie.

I love them!!!! esp that color!

6. ellenm

ellenm Registered Guest

Thanks for the comments, everyone. They look like women's slippers to me. Pauline, your Shirley Temple story was funny. I guess the consensus is that they are from the 50's. I've recently started looking for vintage clothing at antique malls instead thrift stores and am having better luck. That's where I found these.