1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating a dress - 30's?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Tamzzyn, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Tamzzyn

Tamzzyn Registered Guest

Hi all

I'm just so excited about the beautiful dress that I found at a thrift store today! It's
    a spectacular burnt orange crepe evening dress with a brown velvet bodice trim that wraps around the back and is tied by a fabulous art deco belt. There is no opening, it's just slipped over the head. I'm guessing this is 30s but would love your input

Thanks

20210226_152924.jpg 20210226_154224.jpg 20210226_154237.jpg 20210226_152934.jpg 20210226_152608.jpg 20210226_152548.jpg

2. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Registered Guest

I agree on the 30s. Fabulous dress!

Tamzzyn likes this.
  3. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

I want to shop where you shop.

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

5. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Stunning! And yes 30s.

Tamzzyn likes this.
  6. Avantbo

Avantbo Registered Guest

30s, nice find.

Tamzzyn likes this.
  7. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Agree on others with the dating and the fact that it is wonderful!

Tamzzyn likes this.
  8. Tamzzyn

Tamzzyn Registered Guest

It was a very lucky find!! I live in Norway at the moment and thrift stores are far a few between so I got so incredibly lucky with this one!

Katarzyna likes this.
  9. Tamzzyn

Tamzzyn Registered Guest

Thanks all :) I didn't think it would fit but I took the chance and it does!! I also found a sweet 30/40s cusp cotton day dress too which also fits so I think it must have been donated by the same person :)

10. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President