1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating a Marimekko cotton blouse

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by PamelaClaire, Mar 12, 2019.

1. PamelaClaire

PamelaClaire Registered Guest

Hi all! Came across this Marimekko all-cotton blouse at a thrift store and have not been able to accurately date it. In the pictures attached, you can see it's not a typical print, and the geometric shapes, colors, and 'puffy' sleeves lead me to believe 80s? Maybe 90s? There's only one tag (which looks slightly different from the labels I've found exploring this site) and the inside of the label is slightly different from the information I've been able to procure as well. Any thoughts on the time period of this piece would be greatly appreciated!
    IMG_20190312_184609.jpg

IMG_20190312_184536.jpg IMG_20190312_184547.jpg IMG_20190312_184554.jpg

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  2. Adamina

Adamina Registered Guest

looks like mid 80s to me, lovely pattern!

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I agree, the label looks a little older than their current ones. You could try and search here for your pattern:
    Code:
    http://marimekko.kokoelma.fi/
    It's not a complete collection, but the Design Museum in Helsinki has a very large Marimekko collection, hence this resource.

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.