1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating Classic Ferragamo Pumps

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by VioletPony, Jul 10, 2019.

1. VioletPony

VioletPony Registered Guest

Hi, all.

This is my first post. I recently acquired a gorgeous pair of classic Ferragamo pointed pumps (black) and am looking to date them. I find it so tough with these classic styles. I’ve included a few photos. Can anyone help me? Many thanks!

Attached Files:

2. bluevelvetvintage

bluevelvetvintage VFG Member

I'm guessing 60s. But I'm no shoe expert!

3. If you can take a photo of the side as well as a photo of the bottom soles that will be helpful.

4. VioletPony

Thanks for your replies! Here are some additional photos. They have been partially resoled in GTO Italia rubber.

Attached Files:

5. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I believe these are 1980s, at the earliest.

6. VioletPony

Thanks to you both. I wonder if there is something to be deduced from the style of the logo on the insole. I’ve noticed subtle differences between them (solid letters vs outlined letters, differences in the way the “made in Italy” is placed/indicated, for example). I’m guessing that these branding differences correspond to different dates but I’m unsure exactly which branding style goes with which decade/dates.