1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating Dorothy O'Hara dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by acceber, Mar 14, 2018.

1. acceber

acceber VFG Member

I understand from reading that this dress is probably from the 40s-50s? Was hoping to narrow it down a little. I can't fit it on either of my dress forms. I could probably try it on if it's crucial to dating it. It has such an old and classy air to it. The pics don't do it justice. It comes to approximately 3" below my knee while holding it up. Not sure on the fabric. It has a sturdy silk sort of feel to it but it's a little see through holding it up to a light.

IMG_9063.JPG IMG_9064.JPG IMG_9065.JPG IMG_9066.JPG IMG_9067.JPG IMG_9068.JPG IMG_9069.JPG IMG_9071.JPG IMG_9075.JPG

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  2. acceber

acceber VFG Member

I managed to get it on a dress form. What a dress.

IMG_9083.JPG IMG_9084.JPG IMG_9082.JPG IMG_9085.JPG

3. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Great dress! It looks late 1940s to me. You have found some amazing pieces lately. Where do you live? We all want to shop there!!!

4. acceber

acceber VFG Member

Thank you! I live in good old Buffalo NY! Believe it or not, I've been finding most of this at thrift stores. It's gotten to wear I can walk down a row of old dresses and pick out the good vintage by the dress hems. lol

Robin of Frocksley likes this.
  5. Robin of Frocksley

Robin of Frocksley Registered Guest

I also live in Buffalo, and the thrifting to be had here is amazing! The city was full of wealthy people once upon a time...

acceber likes this.
  6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Dorothy O'Hara dresses are STUNNING on the body. I always grab 'em up when I see them.

acceber likes this.