1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating help for 50s/60s? wool pants

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by thedecorouscat, Mar 4, 2021.

1. thedecorouscat

thedecorouscat Registered Guest

Hi everyone. These pants were in a lot of 60s cigarette style ladies pants. I was originally thinking they were boys pants from the same era (given the 25.5” waist) but now I’m thinking they may be women’s pants from the 50s? The crotch sits pretty low (there’s a 14.5” rise) which I know was more standard of the 40s/early 50s era in women’s wear. I wasn’t able to find much on the maker, Harburts of Boston, just that they made sportswear up through the 70s. There aren’t any other labels to help.

What is everyone else’s opinion?
    Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

2. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

3. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I am not seeing this as women's pants, although they could be. The thighs look a little loose to be called "cigarette" slacks/pants.

Can you show the cross section of the crotch?

4. thedecorouscat

No definitely wouldn’t call these cigarette pants, they just came with a few other pairs of them. They didn’t seem to fit with the rest of the bag, thus my waffling on the date.
    Do you mean the crotch where all the seams meet? Or from the front?

5. thedecorouscat

Thanks. Yeah that was the other thing throwing me off... most of the ads I found mentioning the company didn’t mention menswear. Although I will grant I was only able to find two or three.

6. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

After reading that article, I think you might be right that they are indeed women's slacks.

Victoria, I got hungry reading about that restaurant in Orlando!

Vintagiality likes this.