1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dating monsoon dress for label resource

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Pinkcoke, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I thought I'd see if you can pin down the date of this dress better as I wanted to enter the label into the resource. I'm surprised there's no entry for Monsoon who are well known for their occasion dresses now in the UK but this is the first time I've seen this style of logo, I think the dress is likely to be late 80's to 90's based only on the fact my mum had some very similar that we still have. I'd love to see anyone's other Monsoon labels if they differ from the normal plain text too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Pinkcoke, I think your dress is early to mid '90s. It's from the time when '30s and '40s floral dresses were inspiring modern fashion. I love those styles and had lots of them, as they're a good modern substitute for the originals and not as fragile. That said, I had a wonderful Monsoon dress in '93 and the first time I hand washed it, it shrank and ripped. They gave me an exchange, but really, I wanted the dress, it was so beautiful.

I've had a lot of Monsoon dresses, I really like them and you're right that they would be a good addition to the LR.

Nicole

3. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

That is such a cute dress! I agree with Nicole on the dating; I had at least one of this style (can't recall if it was a Monsoon or not), maybe two. It was a nice, fresh, flirty look. If I could still wear that style, I would in a heartbeat! Maybe next summer....

4. Ruby von Hazenfuss

Ruby von Hazenfuss Registered Guest

the label is from the late 1970s/early1980s