1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating Perthshire Crafts ltd leather handbag

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Pinkcoke, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I looked this up as it is a limited company and the inception date was given as 1962, however my google search turned up an antique auction result for a leather suitcase with the same Perthshire Crafts Ltd brand stating it was pre-WW2. Which do you think is wrong? can they have been a ltd brand before it was recorded? It is now dissolved but I don't know when.

In any case I was wondering if there are any characteristics that would indicate what period this is from, I'm seeing alot of similar designs in the 60s but I realise this kind of style spanned a few decades. It is a very heavyweight thick leather, the suede (or faux) lining and metal zip matching in durability. I know from seeing another picture that it would have had a ball chain tag pull on the zip.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Pretty bag!

Though there are some unusual details like the texture to the leather and the leather buckle closure, the interior (suede lining with a zip middle pocket creating three compartments) is very typical of 60s purses I've seen.