1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating Two Fabulous Purses

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by taraframeconservation, Feb 6, 2019.

1. taraframeconservation

taraframeconservation Registered Guest

Hello Everyone. Once again I am coming to you with a couple of accessory related questions. These two very cool (and very different purses) were fun estate sale finds and I am trying to see if I can date them. The first is a silvery (probably pewter) knuckle clutch purse with a hard body, the other a blue beaded purse with a metal chain strap which has a bit of an formal evening vibe to it. Neither have any manufacturing marks I can find (at last on first inspection) but they're both pretty great in very different ways. Thanks again!

Attached Files:

2. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

The blue beaded is most likely 1910s - early 1920s.

3. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

The other one - relatively new. What does the inside label say? The handle looks like a knuckle buster...

4. taraframeconservation

taraframeconservation Registered Guest

Hi everyone!

Pastperfect: I am very happy to hear that your opinion is in line with mine - I was guessing '20's but I will be honest - I simply don't know enough about bags from the 20's to be certain it mightn't be a nice revival piece from later in the century.

Amandainvermont: So unfortunately I cannot find a company name - the inside label only says Made in China. So I mean that would certainly mean it had to be made relatively recently, but beyond that not much of a clue as to era.

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member