1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Designer/maker identification

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Daniel1978, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Daniel1978

Daniel1978 Registered Guest

Hi everyone,
    I have recently been gifted a vintage Russian real fur winter hat.It has the ear flaps that tie up to the middle and has a luxury quilting inside.
    The label however is very worn and the print on it is in readable.
    The only distinguishing logo on the inside and the label is a squirrel.
    Would anyone on here know what the designer is and approx value for future sale.

Attached Files:

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately we can't do valuations here - please see our forum rules. I would suggest searching Ebay sold items or similar for an idea on value.

Another thought: if it is Russian and vintage, it's probably Soviet era and I doubt they had designers as we know them... it would probably have been made by some state-owned company or something like that.

Daniel1978 and GemGem like this.
  3. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

I wasn’t sure if you meant real Russian or real fur in Russian style. :)If you mean real Russian, can you tell if any of the remaining letters are Cyrillic? I can’t really make out any of the letters but I thought I detected an R which wouldn’t be Cyrillic and so unlikely from the USSR

Daniel1978 and GemGem like this.
  4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member