1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diane Von Furstenberg 70's Wrap Dress Pattern Name?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by roquelaure, Jun 24, 2020.

1. roquelaure

roquelaure Registered Guest

Hi Everyone! Long time lurker, occasional poster ;)

I've finally decided to part with a vintage (new with tags!) DVF wrap dress that I've had for several years. It's time to admit I'm never going to grow a foot and fit into it lol. I know certain prints are more popular than others, but I have no CLUE how to hunt down the names for the vintage ones- every google search turns up thousands and thousands of results for the new ones, and a mention of a couple vintage ones. Is there some magic print name database out there somewhere? Or by chance does anyone recognize this one?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attached Files:

Distantdetails likes this.
  2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

wow, that's a good one!! and a great question! anxious to follow the responses here for you.

3. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

There are a couple of books on the subject. A bit of a long shot, but if you don't want to buy a book, maybe you could get them from a library.

Diane Von Furstenberg: The Wrap

DVF: Journey of a Dress

The seccond book certainly appears to have lots of images, but whether it names the prints is another question
    [​IMG]

(Affiliated links: As an Amazon Associate the VFG earns from qualifying purchases)

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  4. kevinguillory

kevinguillory Registered Guest

Hi,
    It appears that I'm a year late on this feed but if you click on the link below you'll find everything you ever wanted to know about DVF clothing, the names of prints, the year and season they hit the stores, etc, etc, etc.

"Let me be your Diane von Furstenberg personal shopper!: Guide to DvF sizing and fit (UPDATED!)" http://dvfs.blogspot.com/2007/07/guide-to-dvf-sizing-and-fit-updated.html?m=1

If the link doesn't work then google a few tag words from the link. Good luck!