1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dior? Dior?! Diorling?!?!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by rosebudrose, Dec 19, 2010.

1. rosebudrose

rosebudrose Registered Guest

I've mostly gotten over my flower child/prairie dress/Gunne Sax hoarding phase, but sometimes I run into something really special that just HAS to come home with me.

Imagine my surprise when, during a routine treasure hunt, I came across this beauty. Not just a Dior, but an honest-to-goodness Diorling! I'm pretty sure it's very late 1960s/early 1970s, during the time when Marc Bohan was head of Dior.
    Sooo soft and moody, the perfect blend of hippie chic and victoriana.

Alas, I can tell myself a million times that I NEED a velvet button-front lounging gown with ruffle sleeves, but that still won't make it true, so it's not going to stay in my collection, but I thought I'd brag while I still had the chance :embaressed:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ookoo

Ookoo Registered Guest

I'm in love! :clapping:

3. joules

joules VFG Member

What a thrill to see the label. Fabulous dress, loving the sleeve treatment.

4. ivycompany

ivycompany Alumni

Oy! That's lovely!

5. yumyumvintage

yumyumvintage VFG Member

SWEEEEET!

-Chris

6. vintagedevotion

vintagedevotion VFG Board Member

7. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

8. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I love yours and just thought I would share as this is my Diorling. You don't often run across this label.

70s 2-piece metallic knit with CD Logo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/img]

9. fashionpoor

fashionpoor Registered Guest

Both are lovely! I'd never heard of Diorling before, but I can certainly appreciate the attraction - they're gorgeous :)

Lisa

10. Isabella1988

Isabella1988 Registered Guest

This is the first time I sew this dress, not my style, but love it!!