1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dior? Dior?! Diorling?!?!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by rosebudrose, Dec 19, 2010.

1. rosebudrose

rosebudrose Registered Guest

I've mostly gotten over my flower child/prairie dress/Gunne Sax hoarding phase, but sometimes I run into something really special that just HAS to come home with me.

Imagine my surprise when, during a routine treasure hunt, I came across this beauty. Not just a Dior, but an honest-to-goodness Diorling! I'm pretty sure it's very late 1960s/early 1970s, during the time when Marc Bohan was head of Dior.
    Sooo soft and moody, the perfect blend of hippie chic and victoriana.

Alas, I can tell myself a million times that I NEED a velvet button-front lounging gown with ruffle sleeves, but that still won't make it true, so it's not going to stay in my collection, but I thought I'd brag while I still had the chance :embaressed:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ookoo

Ookoo Registered Guest

I'm in love! :clapping:

3. joules

joules Trade Member

What a thrill to see the label. Fabulous dress, loving the sleeve treatment.

4. ivycompany

ivycompany Trade Member

5. yumyumvintage

yumyumvintage Trade Member

SWEEEEET!

-Chris

6. vintagedevotion

vintagedevotion Trade Member

7. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

8. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing Administrator Staff Member

9. fashionpoor

fashionpoor Registered Guest

Both are lovely! I'd never heard of Diorling before, but I can certainly appreciate the attraction - they're gorgeous :)

Lisa

10. Isabella1988

Isabella1988 Registered Guest

This is the first time I sew this dress, not my style, but love it!!