1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think the world is ready for this dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Patentleathershoes, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Some folks may remember this dress.

I was getting married and had a lot of stuff to plan and get ready, but in the midst I just had to run back and get this dress because i thought it was so cool. That was in 2004. I tried to sell it but it didn't go - i think i trotted it out in the fall - so made that an excuse to keep it.

With the renewed interested in maxi dresses (or what APPEARS to be a new interest) do you think now or soon is the real time for this dress? If not - i guess i am just showing it off here again :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hipvintage

hipvintage Alumni

Well, I think it's cool, Chris! :hiya:

I think it's more in style now than in 2004. Should you give it another go now? Beats me!

Janine

3. camelbackcat

camelbackcat Alumni

I love it. Personally, I hope this hyped maxi-dress boomlet is the real deal because I will be buying a lot. For some reason (probably my age), I have always love maxi dresses. You can wear them in the summer with sandals and not have to worry about underwear (very important in Arizona) and you don't even HAVE to shave your legs. And, I love them with boots in the winter. I guess I am just an old hippie.
    joey

4. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

I remember that dress!

I would try it again. Sales should start to pick now. I also think they are having a maxi factor promotion over on VC&A now.

5. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Yes, maybe the world IS finally ready for that dress! Put the keywords "novelty print" in the listing. I do that search every week, and by the way some of the things sell, I'm betting others do too!

Lizzie

6. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

i think this is where i got in a quagmire last time - shutting me off from a world of riches in novelty prints - it is technically not a print. its technically more of a brocade. could i get away with it and then explain - }well....its not REALLY a print but let's not get technical?"

7. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President