1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone have any information about the designer Eloise Curtis?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by LoveBazaar, Mar 31, 2021.

1. LoveBazaar

LoveBazaar Registered Guest

Hello All! I am new to the VFG! I am curious if anyone has any information on the designer Eloise Curtis?

I have recently acquired a 1960s documented piece but have no reference point on the history of the designer, evolution of the brand etc?
    There are two labels affiliated with her name "Eloise Curtis for Happenstance" and "Eloise Curtis for David Styne" I have attached a picture of the tag that is in the garment that I have acquired.

Also, I would love any information regarding value of documented pieces of vintage clothing. I have been selling vintage clothing for a while, but would love more knowledge on pricing pieces of note.

Thank you

Attached Files:

Distantdetails likes this.
  2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Eloise Curtis appears to have been a young designer in the mid to late 1960s. This is from the Bridgeport (Connecticut) Post, 1/68

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 3.58.47 PM.png

The ads for her clothes show a young and trendy style and mid-level price.

The Happenstance connection came after David Styne, from 1969-70 or 71.

I'm afraid we can't give valuations*. My suggestion would be to search for comparables, such as here on Gem: https://gem.app/search?terms=Eloise Curtis

Of course if it was, say, documented as being worn by Barbra Streisand, it would of course be more valuable.

*You can review our forum rules here:https://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/pages/Welcome-to-the-VFG-Forums-please-read/

Distantdetails and Vintagiality like this.
  3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I'd love to see photo of the whole garment :).

You could also try searching sold items on Ebay for pricing ideas.

Distantdetails likes this.
  4. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

I was just unpacking and organizing some of my recent finds and one of them is an Eloise Curtis for Happenstance dress.

I'll post a pic at some point.

5. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Here's mine with a peekaboo midriff and prong-set rhinestones. I think it would be an adorable non-traditional wedding dress.

whiteeloise.jpg 4121DSC_0002.jpg