1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Anyone Recognize This Logo?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by VeomiVintage, Mar 31, 2015.

1. VeomiVintage

VeomiVintage Registered Guest

This logo is on the center front outside of a vintage leather clutch. The clutch appears to be from the 70s, but there are no other identifying marks or labels inside. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

It does look like their logo...please do show us the bag as Karin asked above.

4. VeomiVintage

VeomiVintage Registered Guest

Thank you so much for your reply, Karin! That's very helpful. I have attached additional photos, but upon further research, I think the bag may be a knock-off. It doesn't have "Cartier" or "Made in Italy" anywhere on the bag. It's also lined on naugahyde, rather than leather. However, it looks more like a makeup bag than a clutch...could it perhaps still be authentic Cartier?

Attached Files:

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

We cannot authenticate items here. Perhaps if you have a store selling Cartier products in your area, you can bring it into them to have a look at.

6. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Yes, it looks more like a cosmetics bag or something like that. Maybe it was one of those gifts that you sometimes get when you purchase cosmetics... could be one from their perfume line maybe. And that would maybe also explain the lesser quality of the interior material, versus a genuine article from their accessories line, where I would expect a high quality item.