1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Renee Hagar-Smith

Renee Hagar-Smith Registered Guest

This came from a friend's mother's estate. I do not have a lot of info, other than she was born in 1919. The back is different than I have seen before. Would I be correct in thinking these are dress clips? Any help in dating? Thank you so much in advance for any help! I really appreciate it.

dress clips small.jpg dress clips 1 small.jpg small.jpg

GemGem likes this.
  2. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Or shoe clips? I suddenly remembered different shoe clips to put on my flats for the dreaded dancing school in the 1950s.

Renee Hagar-Smith likes this.
  3. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

I am not familiar with the clip either, but I think they are probably dress clips. Most shoe clips had a little pointy thing that tucked under the front of the shoe to keep them in place:

Bakelite Shoe Clips.jpg

4. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

Are they somewhat petite in size? I have a variety of small dress clips with this style of clipback.

5. Renee Hagar-Smith

I did not consider shoe clips--but I can see that maybe that could be a possibility! Thank you!

6. Renee Hagar-Smith

Thank you, Linn! And for the photo as well!

7. Renee Hagar-Smith

Yes! They are petite--about 1/2 in across. I am glad to hear I might be on the right track. Any suggestions as to the dating? Thank you so much for your reply!