1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dress help! 40s or 50s?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Into the void, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Into the void

Into the void Registered Guest

I need help determining what Era this dress is from and if it’s a specific type of dress, it is sheer so I’m sure it is meant to go over a slip or something similar it wraps around with an inside tie and buttons to the left with one button. It seems to ornate to be just a robe. The tag says styled by campus girl I can’t find campus girl in the trademark system or on the label recourse. I picked it up from a garage sale along with lots of 50s and 60s garments. Any help would be lovely!

Attached Files:

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Looks like a beautiful dressing or hostess gown... 1940s. Maybe early 1950s? Gosh, it's beautiful.

themerchantsofvintage likes this.
  3. Into the void

Into the void Registered Guest

Thank you so much! This is very helpful, it’s really something else I rarely am lucky at finding things this old in the wild but I managed to pick up a couple this time around.

4. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I agree with the dating of late 40s to early 50s. And very pretty! I would call it a dressing gown, or even a robe, but it seems too lightweight, too sheer, and too short for a hostess gown. And would need more closures or the hostess would reveal a bit too much!