1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Early Dolcis shoes, 30s?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Retro Ruth, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Hi everyone.

I've these dinky shoes which I was told were 30s, but wanted to check. You can just see that they say Dolcis De Luxe and 'Loveliness Beauty' (I think) on the inner sole.

I know Dolcis started in 1920, but if anyone has any further info that might sound good in a listing, that'd be great!

Also, would these be called dance shoes?

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TIA

Ruth

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Low heeled evening sandals are usually intended for dancing, not only for keeping your balance better, but they were especially popular when worn by taller women, so as not to tower over potential dance partners. These are mid-late 30s.

3. Retro Ruth

Thanks very much Jonathan. I was of course hoping to hear from you!

Ruth

4. bycin

bycin Guest

Such sweet shoes!

5. Darling shoes. Love the detail on the buckle. Sweet. :)

6. Retro Ruth

They're lovely aren't they? Not in perfect condition, the satin is a bit furry in places, but adorable. If only they were in a size 8...

7. mercyonthesubway

mercyonthesubway Registered Guest

I had no idea Dolcis was that old a brand. Great shoes!

8. Retro Ruth

Yeah my research hasn't gone further than the wikipedia entry, but I did have a notion that they were an old company. However I've had these shoes for ages and only just noticed the faint Dolcis De Luxe in gold on the insoles!

9. Retro Ruth

10. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member