1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

egyptian influence in fashion

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by vgriffin, Feb 8, 2007.

1. linenladee

linenladee Registered Guest

And this.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. antique-frock

antique-frock Alumni

Hi Maggie, I have three pieces of a 1920's assuit shawl. Sadly, someone cut it up (ARRRRGGH! probably wanted to make doll clothes... my pet peeve). Almost the whole shawl is there except a section in the middle, and the hemmed edges of the largest piece. It would be useful for a display, there is enough there to sew the three pieces back together and almost make a complete shawl. If you want it you can have it for the postage. Please U2U me, my email is sort of sick at the moment. --Cheri

3. gcarnes

gcarnes Registered Guest

**BANNED**

4. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Great thread!

Jonathan, I do not see the photo or a link to the photo of the Egyptian inspired 20's dress...where can I see it?

I have a mint condition early 192o's Egyptomania cloche hat made of straw with long dripping black tassels on both sides, exotic florals and disks, that looks like something the Pharaoh's wife would have worn. I will dig it out and post it as soon as I can for you.:camera:

Regards, Barbara