1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ELBIEF ENGLAND PURSE - would love information about it

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by LouLou, Mar 23, 2014.

1. LouLou

LouLou Registered Guest

My sweet 90 year old grandmother sent me one of her purses as a birthday gift to me yesterday.

She wrote in her note that she thought it was alligator and perhaps worth a lot. To me it looks like snake skin, and it does look real, as it's quite a rough surface to touch and the strips are of different widths.
    It has a gold clasp and gold chain-like strap. There is a zip pocket inside and the material feels like suede I guess. IMG_0795.jpg

I did google 'ELBIEF ENGLAND' but didn't see any other purse/handbag like it, and not many mentioned snake skin material. There wasn't information on here either about this company.

Can anyone help with any information at all about this purse? I'd love to let her know, and perhaps she can also clarify when and where she got it. (We currently live on opposite sides of the world so it's not that easy to talk).
    IMG_0794.JPG

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0797.JPG

2. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

3. LouLou

LouLou Registered Guest

Thank you, I have read all of that already, but it doesn't tell me anything about this particular handbag, so I was hoping someone might know more.

4. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I was responding to your comment that "There wasn't information on here either about this company."

5. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

It's a nice shape, I would think from that structured design and the nylon zip it's from the late 70's to 80's. Definetly one of the more unusual designs around. I agree it looks like snake, if you wanted to find out which in particular you might include 'banded' in your search terms.

6. LouLou

LouLou Registered Guest

Sorry, you're right - I meant that it wasn't listed in the Brands A-Z. It was useful to know when the company operated at least in the past forum comments.