1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ellen

Ellen Registered Guest

Hello,
    What a wonderful site. I grew up in Hamilton, ON in the 1050's and still remember going to Eames twice a year to pick out my new Elen Henderson dresses for school, as well as special occasions. I didn't realize that they were high end, but even then recognized the fine workmanship. We all wore only dresses to school back then and even though my mother sewed, my Elen dresses were my favourites!
    Ellen

2. KJames

KJames Registered Guest

I took modelling classes there as well in the 1970's. I just dug up my old photos and assessment card. I graduated in 1977. It would be funny if we were there at the same time!

3. JoelE

JoelE Registered Guest

I'm late to the party...by 9 years.

Yes, I also attended EH's modelling school in the '70s. I was very shy, so my parents thought it would help. I remember we had to line up to present ourselves, show our manicures, etc. Like you & my classmates, I did runway shows, print ads & TV commercials. I just randomly thought of EH today; I always got her name mixed up with Florence Henderson. I also remember that red/brown brick building in Don Mills.