1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

embroidered folk top

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by emilyanneweber, Dec 4, 2019.

1. emilyanneweber

emilyanneweber Registered Guest

got this sweet little top for myself, just wondering if I can get some help dating it! I originally thought 50’s, but can’t be sure. I think it’s hand embroidered, there is some darting on front and back as well as a little bit of a pleat on the top of the sleeves/shoulder. the label has a very faint pink text but it’s impossible to read, completely faded in the middle and I could BARELG make out an “N” for the very first letter. the shape reminds me of a 50’s “Thunderbird Fashions” set I have, but I figure no harm in asking for opinions! thanks so much!

Attached Files:

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Definitely hand cross stitched, not older than the 50s. My feeling is that this was done somewhere where hand embroiderers are more abundant, for the fashion market. Portugal/Hungary/China...

emilyanneweber likes this.
  3. emilyanneweber

emilyanneweber Registered Guest

I was thinking the same, somewhat Hungarian but I can't find anything similar in this shape, just the peasant style blouses.