1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EMMA DOMB maxi dress question

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Mindy Schabert, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Mindy Schabert

Mindy Schabert Registered Guest

Hi Everyone,
    I am all new to this vintage fashion thing. I stumble to this pretty dress yesterday and decided to get it for my trip to Disney world (I want to have my own version of Bell dress) Well, when I got home I decided to look it up since it has a label.
    I dont know if it means any special to the Vintage world or not. I would like to know more about it. Is it worth anything ? Any information on it would be appreciate? I just do not want it to be ruin by my kids ketchup if it is special in some way.
    Thank you in advance.
    Oh these pictures were taken with my cell phone. WP_000817.jpg WP_000817.jpg WP_000818.jpg WP_000819.jpg WP_000820.jpg

2. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

1960s and one of the best names in Vintage one can find. Very cute.
    I am sure more comments will be coming. So special but fun to wear. Especially to Disney.

3. joules

joules VFG Member

4. Mindy Schabert

Thank you for replying so fast. I guess my biggest question is : "Is this dress that special for someone would love to treasure it?" If I keep it, it will be just a maxi dress for me. I have 3 small children and I know for sure it will be easily destroy. I would hate to do that if someone else out there my enjoy the dress better than me. I hope it makes sense.

5. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

I was going by the VFG label on this so glad Joules determined it for you.

6. joules

joules VFG Member

For this later example of an Emma Domb, I would say, wear and enjoy.
    The more valuable ones are generally the earlier 40s and 50s formal gowns and fancy party dresses.
    Your dress is a fun, casual summer party maxi, nicely made.

You're totally right about the version of the label in the resource; I was guessing that one carried through into the 70s, and the use of the popular 70s color of yellow, as well.

7. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

8. Lovely early '70s party dress.

9. I agree. This one is very wearable. Enjoy it!!

10. Mindy Schabert

Thank you so much. I am super excited to know that I will be able to wear it ;) I will wear it when I take my daughter to Cinderella Castle to dine with the princesses. I think it will be very special. It was a nice adventure when I try to know more about this dress. I found out I really really love the vintage look specially the 50s. I am working on getting some new pieces inspire by this dress. Thank you all. And once again, I am happy to find this website.

11. Have a great time at Disneyworld Mindy! If you get a chance, stop back by afterwards and share your photo of you both and the Princesses.

I took my Nephew to Disneyland a year ago for his 5th Birthday and we did the Character Breakfast. It's so nice because the kids don't have to stand in those horrible lines to have their photos taken with the characters; they come right over to your table and provide lots of photo-ops! It was really wonderful.

12. *~Eli!

*~Eli! Registered Guest

That is truly a great dress, so nice to see it in a material you can wear out and about.

13. Mindy Schabert

I am back from Disney World. And here is the photo of me in my Emma Domb dress and my kids in front of the castle. I love it by the way. Thank you you all. 330952_3623752874069_731345735_o.jpg princess.JPG

14. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

What lovely photos, Mindy! Thank you for sharing them. Your family is lovely, and you look fabulous in your Emma Domb dress--perfect for a trip to a castle!

15. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Mindy -

You look terrific in your Emma Domb dress, and your daughter is precious in her matching yellow outfit - love the tiara! Thank you so much for sharing the pictures of your family and your fun trip to Disney World.

Linn

16. Mindy Schabert

Thank you all for your compliment. We got people turn their heads when my daughter and I walk into Magic Kingdom. We are match in these pretty bright yellow dresses. One of the Disney photographer offer to follow us and took a lot of pictures. My daughter was kinda shy. The dress made me felt so pretty like a princess :) We were dancing down Main Street. It was quite a magic moment. :)

17. joules

joules VFG Member

18. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Great photo - love the matching dresses!

19. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

You look lovely in your Emma Domb and your daughter too. I can see why you turned a few heads at the Magic Kingdom!
    Thank you for sharing your charming family photos with us!

20. Tabbyannabel

Tabbyannabel Registered Guest

So sweet and it looks great on you! :)