1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever Wonder if You Have Dealt with An Ebayer Before?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by bartondoll, Oct 22, 2004.

1. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

2. Cool!
    Thanks Sue.

Marie

3. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Marie, I posted the wrong link before...
    just edited it.

Sue

4. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

oh.. that's neat :yay:

strangely, though, when I set it to look for all comments.. or in the last 1 year.. it keeps going back to 30 days.

:puzzled:

5. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

by using their other tool (neg & neutral finder) I see that i've left 10 negatives & 1 neutral in all my time on ebay :)

Always wanted to know what the actual number was!

6. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

I used it to find a transaction I was wondering about over a year ago and it worked for me Kristine.

Sue

7. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Just tested it for a transaction with someone that I knew went back to 2001 and it worked when I clicked on "all matches"

Sue

8. worth-a-peek

worth-a-peek Alumni

Nifty
    I plugged in a buyer from 1998 and it worked.

Kind of makes me wonder how and what else they can find out ....but not going to worry about that right now.
    Karen

9. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Whenever I have a repeat buyer, I like to offer a discount or at least acknowledge that I remember them! Unfortunately,
    after a year of selling, I discontinued my
    record-keeping in this regard, so the only way of knowing was to weed through all my feedback if an id looked vaguely familiar. This will definitely help me in that regard.

Sue

10. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

huh... I wonder why it keeps resetting the timeframe for me?
    Maybe it has something to do with my browser?
    Huh.

11. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Kristine,

I just went back to 02 in your feedback and grabbed one of your ebay people...
    plunked it in with your id and clicked on
    "all matches". While it is searching it does revert back to "30 days" however
    when the results show up (in this case there were 11 matches going back several years it is obviously getting them all)

<a href="http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/mut...&UserB=elsewhere&Check=Check&Limit=9999">here is the example</a>

(let me know if you want me to delete this)

Sue

12. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

that must be it-- I just assumed that it was still only searching 30 days since the title reverts.
    Heh.. need more coffee!

You don't need to delete the link-- anyone else here deal with Francine? She's the bestest. My most regular, most reliable customer. I even have her on my buddy list now and talk to her when we're both online.
    :USETHUMBUP:

13. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

No...but when I saw the feedback come up, I was wishing that I had!

She looks like a gem!

Sue

14. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

thank you so much Sue I have been using the neg feedback on for a while now.

And last week doing the second chance offer for my nightie the guy sent me his address I thought I recognised the name but he must have changed his user name.

Well this is the fourth time in the past couple of years he has purchased from me.

How does everyone else keep track of repeat customers when its so long in between sales that you just don't always remember?

Thanks again!

15. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

<i>How does everyone else keep track of repeat customers when its so long in between sales that you just don't always remember?</i>

After a year, I just couldn't Pauline...that is why I like this feature. I do keep hard copies of Paypal invoices, but to have to leaf through reams of them is a thankless task - this way you can at least figure out dates and if necessary maybe find more
    info on any paperwork you may have.

Sue