1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fabric ID for Lorrie Deb 50's dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by vivavintage, Aug 14, 2018.

1. vivavintage

vivavintage Registered Guest

Hello,

I am a novice at identifying more than basic vintage fabrics, so hoping I can call on your expertise(s) to help with this recent find. So far, the closest I can get is perhaps FAILLE....appears to be a blend of silk and either cotton or linen...Unfortunately, this site will not let me upload a close-up of the fabric....saying it is too big. The fabric has a definite sheen, and is tightly woven. It's not Taffeta.....Thanks in advance!!

Attached Files:

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

From a distance it looks like it could indeed be faille. Does it look like our fabric resource shot up close? The sheen is likely to be from rayon, acetate or silk.

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  3. vivavintage

vivavintage Registered Guest

Yes, I did see the example in the same shade no less, after I posted my question, and it looks the same. Thank you so much for replying; I'm so thankful to have found you all......carnival emoti