1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Farah Lister Choker Help

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by GemGem, Oct 25, 2018.

1. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Hi all, I posted a pic of this necklace in the 80s thread,

Was wondering if anyone has any further info to this particular style.

I have seen a few online and gather she made very high end jewellery in the 80s but also into the 90s,

I believe this is an 80s one looking at the style of stamp but do not know any more about it. I believe they are glass beads, unsure about the metallic beads. There are 9 strands to the choker and no hall mark on the metal that I could find.

There is a huge price variation on the ones I have seen online the single coloured multi strand ones can go for as little as 35 and the multicoloured strand ones seem to be 'listed' at as much as 650. Which seems a little crazy to me. But there are very few examples to compare to and I can't find any sold listings for the multi coloured 80s ones(which could be an indicator that the price is over inflated).

I don't want to ask for a valuation but more weather there is a particular reason that some are more collectible than others? Was wondering if there are any knowledgable persons here who could help?

thumbnail_IMG_4585.jpg

Thanks for reading, Gem

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately I am not familiar with designer... all I can say is that this reminds me of things I wore myself ca. late 90s/early 00s.

GemGem likes this.