1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FASHIONED made in Tawain unique tops

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by annieelizabeth27, Jun 2, 2023.

1. annieelizabeth27

annieelizabeth27 Registered Guest

Does anybody know the date of these beautiful tops? I included photos of the tags as well. Thanks in advance :)

Attached Files:

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I do! Used to wear 'em in grammar school... 1967 or so

denisebrain likes this.
  3. annieelizabeth27

Oh my gosh!! I love that so much! Thank you so much for sharing :)

denisebrain likes this.
  4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

It was my favorite after school top - with overalls! ha ha

5. annieelizabeth27

So cute!! I’m going to wear it that way :) that sounds like such a cute outfit

6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Have a blast in your cute outfit - I did! ha ha. I have a picture of me somewhere in it... I'll look around.

7. annieelizabeth27

If you find a photo I would LOVE to see it!! OMG

8. plousia

plousia Registered Guest

This is a slightly off-topic question, and please let me know if I should not post it here, but does "made in Taiwan" have any indications for dating of an item? I recently found some metal aviator sunglasses that I think may be from the 70s which are marked "made in Taiwan", and I was wondering if that narrowed down a timeframe for them.

9. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

As far as I know, Taiwan was big-ish for textile production and other things sort of 70s-80s, maybe already in the 60s ? Definitely before "Made in China" became a thing - and we all know why. I would say if you find clothing etc. marked "made in Taiwan" chances are it's vintage, buf of course that's not a rule :).

Vintagiality likes this.
  10. plousia

plousia Registered Guest

OK, thank you. The sunglasses definitely look vintage, but I wasn't sure between 70s and 80s. Thought about posting them here but I'm not that interested in the date. This info helps though, thank you.