Fresh Vintage - Oct. 15 - Oct. 21

amandainvermont

VFG Member
If you are looking for "true" vintage with detailed descriptions, you can count on members of the Vintage Fashion Guild. Let's see what "fresh" vintage listings are up this week.

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 5.44.53 PM.png

Nice nice things so far. Francis - LOVE those Georgian era earrings. What does "mine cut" mean?
Thanks Amanda. Old mine cut refers to an early diamond cut used from the 18th through most of the 19th Centuries. It's characterized by an off-round, almost squarish shape, a small table on a high crown and a culet that has a large flat surface visible with the eye alone rather than a pointed culet like a brilliant cut. Interestingly, it has the same number of facets - 58 - as a modern brilliant cut. You'd think it means a diamond cut right at the mine, I know, but that's not the case. In case I'm being presumptuous, the crown is the top of a gemstone above the thin line (the girdle) dividing the top and bottom sections, the table is the flat area at the very top and the culet is the bottom-most point of a gemstone.

rozannehat.png

Vintage 1960s Rozanne Black Straw Hat Turned Up Brim
available at My Vintage Clothes Line on Ruby Lane
https://www.rubylane.com/item/659654-1246/Vintage-1960s-Rozanne-Black-Straw-Turned#

50smaroonvarsitysweater.png

Vintage 1950s Letterman Varsity Cardigan Sweater Maroon Wool Stadium Shaker Sweater Co
https://www.rubylane.com/item/659654-1247/Vintage-1950s-Letterman-Varsity-Cardigan-Sweater

1942bridgecoat.png

Vintage 1940s US Navy Officers Authentic Bridge Coat Black Wool Double Breasted Eagle Buttons
https://www.rubylane.com/item/659654-1248/Vintage-1940s-US-Navy-Officers-Authentic

Last edited:
174968CD-16F1-4010-8C0D-DAD5EC9F8CD2.jpeg

1940’s Nordic Hand knit red/blue/white sweater with 19teens cotton knit skirt and distressed leather belt. 1950’s seal skin boots.
1794F7F2-A450-4085-B57D-58681DCB2476.jpeg

1960’s woven wool pant suit by Canadian street wear designer John Burkholder. Emanuel Ungaro chiffon pop art print blouse with asymmetrical ruffle detail. 1960’s red structured hand bag, 1970’s black leather knee high boots
97F4644B-DBBF-4F2A-A8C5-CCA1E9C2B5B1.jpeg

Emanuel Ungaro Couture red/black/grey/brown/rust square print coat with black canvas lapel and cuffs and woven black trim. Styled with 3 belts, over top a wool knit MariMekko charcoal and light grey check button up dress.
E35989AE-9120-4A99-91B2-BBE2B4EF1E83.jpeg

1960’s red suede shift dress with bell sleeves and pleated front. 1980’s white wool oversized coat with Mondrian appliqué. Vintage Navy suede and leather slouch bag with gold hardware made in Italy.

All items available for sale!

Contact us: [email protected]

Follow us:

www.gadabout.ca

www.facebook.com/gadaboutvintage

www.instagram.com/gadaboutvintage

Last edited:
New in my Etsy shop, all photos are clickable links

A 50s floral print sleeveless dress with bolero from Mode O' Day
modeodayset.jpg

A 50s men's rayon checked robe from Royal Robes
royalcheckedrobebeltedcloser.jpg

80s does 40s flowy rayon shirred-elastic-waist palazzo pants & blouse from Carole Little, size Large
carolepjsetloose.jpg

Silky cap sleeve blouse
timelythreequarter.jpg

And a silky turquoise & green print dress in a larger size
aquagreenprintbelted.jpg

Back