1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From what region is this blouse from?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Adaamar, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Adaamar

Adaamar Registered Guest

Can someone help me identify from which region/country/years this blouse could be from? Any information is appreciated.

IMG_20200826_225504.jpg IMG_20200826_232048.jpg

2. cloudsofviolet

cloudsofviolet Registered Guest

any labels? Can you post upclose pic of the fabric?

3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

It also might help to know where did you find this, and where do you live? The trim is machine made, but more it is hard to say, at least for me.

4. Adaamar

Adaamar Registered Guest

It's got no labels. The fabric is kind of sheer, and it feels modern (although I know nothing about clothes but it looks somewhat new).

IMG_20200827_103829.jpg

5. Adaamar

Adaamar Registered Guest

I found it in a vintage shop in the Rhineland-Palatinate area (southwestern Germany). I'm pretty sure it's rather modern but I'm not 100% on where the embroidery is from, specially because of the way its distributed, but it could just be a modern interpretation.

6. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

My inclination before you posted your location was to say Hungarian and relatively modern but having some of the traditional clothing decorations. Based on where you bought it, it could easily be German as well of course

7. gatco

gatco VFG Member

My first thought was Hungarian also, I have a lot of my Mom's stuff in storage that she picked up in Hungary with a very similar look.