1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frost Brothers Right Size Label Posted Will add more today!!! different types

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Jluthye, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Jluthye

Jluthye Registered Guest

Hello,,, I have a general question to the big wigs ;-)

Frost brothers are not in the clothing labels.. I was wondering are they worth adding? I have come across this label before and they have came up.....

Frost Bros. was a high-fashion retail chain based in San Antonio, Texas. The retailer opened its first store in 1917 at 217 E. Houston Street in downtown San Antonio. Frost Bros. was known for quality personal service, including name recognition, purchase preferences, and personal shoppers. Their customer service was on the same level as Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Nordstrom. Frost Bros. filed for bankruptcy protection in April 1988, and its four remaining stores were liquidated in mid-1989 after the company failed to successfully reorganize.

via wikeopedia

2. Jluthye

Jluthye Registered Guest

Ok here is the first label... this is a realy cute sweater.. has these poofy cherries/floweres/lady bug design things on them lol

they look like cherries with lady bug spot but are not on tree but flowerish I have no idea but they poog out from the sweater and are beaded. Very cute!

Oh I have more but got to get to them... but I have desses. suites. coats, sweaters by frost brothers... any way we can get them on teh resource??

3. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

I've had some things with the Frost Bros. label and they've always been high quality.

That's all I got!

Cute sweater!

Susan

4. Jluthye

Jluthye Registered Guest

Better resized label to fit the requirements :) thank you!

5. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Hi,
    We added this to the label resource so feel free to contribute more Frost Bros. Thanks!

6. secondlooks_lux

secondlooks_lux Registered Guest

I lived in San Antonio in the 80s and remember Frost Bros. well. I have a Teal-Traina with that label as well and a Hattie Carnegie hat, also with the FB's label, so yes very upscale.

7. Jluthye

Jluthye Registered Guest

Wohoo lol... I just was talking about them today lol... I have three more I can add tonight I think... but I got to find them in my thousands of pictures lol!!!

8. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

that's an aDORable sweater!! :wub: are you sellin' it by any chance?? :horny:

9. Jluthye

Jluthye Registered Guest

Lol I will be when I get off my toosh... however You spell it

I was gonna keep it but I cant pull it off and I am newly pregnant so whats the point lol

Ok here is another label from a
    Early 60s 2 piece wool boucle ladies suit.

10. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

11. Jluthye

Jluthye Registered Guest

Another Frost Borhters

here is an early 1940s rayon formal dress also labeled James Rothenberg

12. Heh, I think you're trying to describe strawberries :rolleyes:

Congrats on the pregnantness - and I love the second Frost Brothers label: so of it's time!

Nicole

13. Jluthye

Jluthye Registered Guest

lol thanks nicole... yeah I thought strawberries way later,,,its just they are completely round lol but I think thats it.

Do you know what type of design feature that is called? They are very raised off of the sweater and also and have beads sewn onto them.

Thanks!

14. Jluthye

Jluthye Registered Guest

Here is another 1940s frost bros label... at fisrt glance it looks the same as the other 40s... but there is slight differences in the loops on the F's and the cross section of the T's and it is also thinner...

There is debate on the age of teh garment whether it is earlier or later 40s....

to me I want to go youger... the latest the garment can be in 1947,,,,, the earliest is 1938,,,based on when she lived in the area... there is also a David Crystal label in the dress and i will post it on a seperate thread,,,,

So i guess a safe assumption would be early to mid 1940s dress?