1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FUN! 3rd Grade Geography Test

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Laura, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Laura

Laura Alumni

A friend sent this to me, and I had fun doing it. :)

FYI - if you get all correct, it takes you back to the start screen, so don't panic!

Don't forget this is timed......
    The Third Grade Geography Test.

OK Class,
    It's time for your U.S. Geography Test !

You must drag and drop all 48 states
    in the time allotted to be promoted to the 4th grade.
    Click the webpage below.. Ready.. Begin !.

http://www.pibmug.com/files/map_test.swf

Good luck !

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

LOL!

I had a problem with the drag and drop!!

Likely excuse huh??

So how did you do guys, did you pass or is the short bus picking you up!

3. artizania

artizania Alumni + VFG Past President

I got 15 !!!! - Does being in the UK justify that, or is it simply down to - ignornace??? LOL

4. Kelly

Kelly Registered Guest

I am off to repeat thrid grade. Humiliating isn't it.:

5. 17/48 - I know my Western and North States, but get lost in the East and Southeast. Not bad for a Canuck though.

6. :mad:!

My child is sitting next to me, shouting, "NO! Not there!" Tee hee hee.

*clears throat* ...off to reconsider the northeast. :)

7. dibs2002

dibs2002 Registered Guest

I got 30 / 48. I knew most of the Eastern seabord states having driven to Florida several times, most of the ones along the Canada / US Border and a bunch of others.

Tee hee.

Deb

8. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

Well I got 40/48 so the short bus is coming to get me. Whats the short bus?? Not a lot of others on it with me??? I couldn't drag and drop some of them esp had a hard time with Delaware which I know! from driving there.

9. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I got all the blue states no problem..... took two tries to get the red states. Its those square ones around the mason/dixon and mississippi that are toughies....

10. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

And they have an error.... you can't click on upper michigan for michigan

11. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Did it!

But I a very impressed with our Canadian and Brit members - I know I wouldn't do as well as they on a map of counties or provinces.

Hollis

12. Laura

Laura Alumni

Yes, I noticed the same problem when I tried to drop Michigan on the upper pennisula. Notice that it doesn't even light up when you drop Michigan on the lower part?

I had a few problems with dragging them and getting it to register. It's a little too sensitive for my mouse-drag-click abilities, I guess. :D

I did end up with 48/48 at the last possible second, though. I put in the ones I knew first (mostly Eastern, since I'm in Ohio, and the west coast), and then figured it out from there. There was a lot of trial and error going on when I did it!

I still haven't gotten Jonathan's costume/theater game, though! I'm stumped on the wigs.

Laura

13. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

I got them all, but then I teach 5th grade SS, which is where this is taught in NC. Thanks for the site; my 5th graders are going to LOVE it!

I could get all of Canada's provinces, but only a few English counties. You'd think after all the packages I've mailed to Britain lately, that I'd look and see where each is going!

Lizzie

14. Patentleathershoes

Yes, I noticed the same problem when I tried to drop Michigan on the upper pennisula.

Well, some Michiganders don't consider da Yoopers (the U.P.'ers for those that don't speak the language) from the same state. It's like another world. They consider them a breed all their own. So maybe the folks who made this little test were from the area and were making a statement when it doesn't work to drop Michigan on the Upper Peninsula!

Whats the short bus??

The smaller bus that comes later/earlier for the special needs kids.

Chris

15. Laura

Laura Alumni

:D:D:D

I find that very funny. I had no idea!

Laura

16. Patentleathershoes

Yup!

"You go to da(or the) U.P., eh?"
    translation:
    "you are from the Upper Peninsula, correct?"

I liked the gepgrapht test. Will have to send to my sister and see how she does.

17. dibs2002

dibs2002 Registered Guest

Did they have one for Canada & the UK? Canada only has 10 provinces but the UK has about a zillion counties Lizzie, so don't feel bad.

Deb

18. Patentleathershoes

I would like to see that (Canada and UK)> I might do so so on the Canada, but I know that I would flunk the UK one. (I know county Cork in IReland but that is about it!)

19. Catboxvintage

Catboxvintage Registered Guest

Whooo, got it with about 2 seconds left! I only messed up once when I tried to put Kansas on top of Nebraska in the heat of the last 30 seconds. D'oh!

20. Patentleathershoes

I sent this to some friends and relatives and it really made them smile!

(and made me feel good about my score!)

Chris