1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Giorgio Beverly Hills Blouse Value

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Christi Michael, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Christi Michael

Christi Michael Registered Guest

Hi All!
    I have a buyer who would like to purchase a blouse from my collection. It is a 1980s black, silk beaded top from Giorgio Beverly Hills. I don’t know what a fair price would be. I welcome your expertise.

Attached Files:

2. Avantbo

Avantbo Registered Guest

Hi Christi,

I took a quick look, I found nothing similar but you should get a reasonable idea of what to ask providing. the item is legitimate.

Hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised.

3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

We cannot give valuation info on the forums. Prices for vintage items depend on many things - condition and desirability of the item, who sells it, where it's being sold... here's an excellent blog post diving into this topic: https://vintagefashionguild.org/blog/how-vintage-clothing-is-priced/
    You could search sold items on Ebay for example to see what something similar was sold for.

But in the end, I think you have to ask the price that fells right for you - though I do research similar items before I list something for sale, part of pricing for me is always also my gut feeling :).

4. Christi Michael

5. Christi Michael

6. Christi Michael

Thank you for your feedback and information. The Vintage Fashion Guild has been an invaluable tool and I appreciate the site and value the collective knowledge that is shared here. I understand that you cannot give an appraisal on a forum. I have done basic research, but haven’t found anything quite like my blouse. I was hoping for impressions from those with more experience. Thank you, again. I appreciate your time and what you do.

7. Christi Michael

Hello Avantbo,
    Thank you for your time and advice. I did some research before I reached out. I decided I needed more knowledgeable minds. I believe the blouse is authentic, though I do not know who its original owner was. (Wish I did!) It is a lovely piece.