1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glass beaded and sequinned evening dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Pinkcoke, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I would love to know when this originates from; it appears to be all handmade but I can see how the style looks quite modern.

I bought this as a repair project really as it looked great on the mannequin but has some pretty hideous repairs and patches of missing beads that needed sorting out. I managed after a long search to find matching beads but have yet to tackle the rips in the sequin fabric!
    Apologies for the too-bright pictures :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/Pinkcoke/vintageclothes126.jpg[/img]

I've not seen the sort of material the sequins are on before. It's like a very fine mesh. Sorry the straps don't do up on the mannequin (they're a pain to do up anyway, each one has 3 hook/eyes) but the dress seems to have been made for a small but curvy figure, the bust is smaller than my manni but there's loads of room at the hips!

I will try to get some more close ups of the fixtures/beads etc. there is a side zip underneath the straps and there are short glass bugle beads in between the gold pearls.

If I remember correctly, the beads are all glass; it is a very heavy dress but it makes the back sit nicely on the wearer.