1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Velvetsage

Velvetsage Registered Guest

Fake fur. Has a label. Super Glenara fabric "Career Girl" Glenoit. Any idea when it was made ? No picture, but it's better quality than the 1980's. Clutch coat. Full length. Generous hood. "Fur" is good, and not showing any stress. I want to say 70's. No shoulder pads. No buttons. Super satin lining. Winner. :clapping:

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I can't really tell without seeing a photo.

As far as I know, Glenoit makes fabric unless there was another company called Glenoit in the past. I know there is also a Glenoit Universal that makes rugs. Here is their website: http://www.glenoitfabrics.com/ There are quite a few coats and capes that are faux labelled Glenoit on the net and they really range the gamut in age.

I found a company newsletter that has someone selling their coat and its dated 1973 (the ad is) www.bnl.gov/bnlweb/pubaf/bulletin/1947-1995/1973/14091973.pdf That doesn't mean much because the label could have existed for years after or before. But it was in existence at least then.

A lot of people assume that something can't be from the 80s because its high quality. There was a lot of high quality, well made clothing in the 80s - couture, home sewn but really well done, high end, etc. So, because its well made doesn't rule out the 80s.

To narrow it down, a photo would be a necessity.