1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gorgeous ditsy Tea Dress 1930's? 40's?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by GemGem, Jun 5, 2019.

1. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Hi all,
    I have this beautiful little ditsy tea dress which I discovered at Chiswick car boot sale. Originally bought for myself but made the mistake of trying to squeeze into it and popped a button... it is too small :( IMG_1546.JPG IMG_1549.JPG IMG_1551.JPG IMG_1555.JPG IMG_1554.JPG IMG_1560.JPG .

I was wondering on the date of it, my best guess would be late 30's-40's. Does anyone have a more definitive date range?

I just love the collar, and the short lace trim. The shoulder detail is just perfect with those little demi pads to make the silhouette balance. There are two front mini slip pockets. No belt or belt loops. It is fitted with poppers, no zip or buttons. It looks to be made very well but possibly home sewn as there are no labels at all.

I think it has been shortened as the thread on the inside hem is black.

Also I'm curious about the print, it seems to be either leaves or trees? and the red colour has me curious weather it is victory red?

Please help :)

themerchantsofvintage likes this.