1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anybody been to the big Labor Day Hillsville Flea Market?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by ellenm, Aug 19, 2004.

1. ellenm

ellenm Registered Guest

I have never been to it, but I am planning to go this year. Is it good? It seems huge.

2. Hey there!
    Yes I have been several times and it is HUGE. Every square inch of the town is set up flea market style. Lizzie and Brooke and I are planning on going this year, too.
    Here's a link:
    http://www.hillsville.com/fmarket.htm

Maybe we can meet up?

Marie

3. ellenm

ellenm Registered Guest

I couldn't get a room until Sunday night, so I'll be there Sunday and Monday. How about you?

4. Wow! I am surprised you could get a room at all. I'll just go up for the day. Either Fri or Sat, not sure yet. It would probably take all 4 days to attempt to see it all but I can only stand a day.

Guess we won't met up :(

Marie

5. ellenm

ellenm Registered Guest

It probably won't be very crowded by Sunday. Prices will be more negotiable. But the best buys will have been snapped up. C'est la vie. Too bad we won't be able to meet. I'll be at the Days Inn in Fancy Gap (love that name) if you change your plans.

6. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Where is Fancy Gap in relation to Hillsville?

I can't wait!!!!

7. ellenm

ellenm Registered Guest

I believe Fancy Gap is about 10 miles south of Hillsville.