1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello/Lucien Piccard Shirt I.D.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Retro Phase, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Retro Phase

Retro Phase Registered Guest

care .JPG View attachment 40017 00.JPG View attachment 40017 Lucien Piccard.JPG Lucien Piccard.JPG View attachment 40017 View attachment 40014 View attachment 40013 View attachment 40012 View attachment 40013

Hello to All,
    My name is Mack. I'm located in NYC, and I'm a collector of 1960s & 70s mens clothing such as sharkskin pants, Italian/Spanish knit shirts, fedora hats, alligator shoes etc... I finally joined the forum and would like to ask if anyone can tell me when the leather front that I posted was made? I have several Italian and Spanish made knit shirts from the 60s and 70s that I'm trying to learn more about. I know that Lucien Piccard (the knit posted) began making high end jewelry and watches in the 1940's, but I don't know much about the clothing that they made which seems to be scarce these days. The photo of the leather front that I posted looks to be a very high quality piece. It is 100% wool with suede front panels. Any info that you can provide is helpful. Thank you.

-Mack

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  2. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I found ads for Lucien Piccard ties, shirts, and pants (there may have been other clothing items) primarily from the late 1960's through the 1980's. I found a similar sweater to yours in this 1968 ad. The text at the bottom says: "Lucien Piccard's antique leather wool cardigan sweater--imported from Spain. Gold only. S-M-L-XL....60.00"

LucienPiccardSimilarSweater1968AdSm.jpg

3. Welcome to the forums Mack - nice find there. I agree with a late '60s date. It's a beautiful, high quality piece.

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Love the color in your sweater...I would agree with 60s as well.
    Great ad find, Lynne. $60 was a lot to pay for a sweater back in 1968.

5. Retro Phase

: 432"]I found ads for Lucien Piccard ties, shirts, and pants (there may have been other clothing items) primarily from the late 1960's through the 1980's. I found a similar sweater to yours in this 1968 ad. The text at the bottom says: "Lucien Piccard's antique leather wool cardigan sweater--imported from Spain. Gold only. S-M-L-XL....60.00"

View attachment 40027 [/QUOTE]

Thanks for your help. What publication is the ad from?

6. Retro Phase

Hi Circa Vintage,
    Thanks for the warm welcome.
    I agree it is a nice find, particularly because its one of the few shirts of this kind in my collection that fits me.

7. Retro Phase

Hi Poppys Vintage,
    $60. Was a lot of money in those days.

Another maker of this style knit was Baron Dino who also manufactured in Spain

8. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Retro, I sent you a message (see top right of page) with some details.

9. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

10. Retro Phase

I agree. I have several Gino Poali knits. Thanks.

Mack