1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating a pink dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by c.tavernari, Jan 9, 2021.

1. c.tavernari

c.tavernari Registered Guest

Hi all,
    I would love to have some help in dating this pink dress. My guess is that it's not so old (80s maybe).
    The dress is quite a strange shade of pink (not sure how I would call it, maybe a kind of salmon pink) and it has no label at all. I looked everywhere but couldn't even find a spot indicating that a label had been cut down. The interior lining feels some synthetic fiber to me, but I have no idea about the exterior fabric. It has an attached crinoline (or petticoat? sorry, the difference between these two words is not so clear for me) and a matching belt. It has a zip in the back and serged seams.

Thank in advance for any information!

Cinzia

dress_front.jpg dress_back.jpg zip.jpg dress_front_pattern.jpg crinoline.jpg seams.jpg interior_back.jpg bottom_dress_seams.jpg

2. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

It appears contemporary to me

3. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

It may have originally had a matching jacket or bolero.
    Marian

4. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

6. c.tavernari

c.tavernari Registered Guest

Thank you so much for all the information! I think coral pink is definitely a better description than salmon pink. I was attracted by such a bold color.

Cinzia