1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating a skirt/brand

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Jennifer Avenido, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Jennifer Avenido

Jennifer Avenido Registered Guest

Hello. So I've googled this and also checker the VFG label resources and I'm coming up with nothing as far as finding a match for this label and dating this skirt. I was hoping someone could help me. The tag says Jerri Allen and it feels silky and it's sewn in all the way around. There are no other tags in the skirt. There are no zippers. It just buttons up the side. It almost looks Hawaiian-ish. I would definitely appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

To me this fabric and style looks about late 70s to early 80s. I remember skirts with buttons in that period. I see the Jerri Allen label around, but don't have any info on it. The fabric looks like rayon to me...is there a fabric content label? You're right, it is Hawaiian-ish...a muted palette Hawaiian.

peaceful vintage likes this.
  3. I agree with Maggie. I actually had a very similar skirt in 1981 and it was soft rayon.

peaceful vintage likes this.
  4. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

I agree with both Maggie and Nicole on both the dating and fabric. :)

5. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Another vote for 1980s, although I might place it a bit later in the decade. It probably had a matching blouse that was sold separately. Looks like a rayon challis fabric.

6. Jennifer Avenido

Jennifer Avenido Registered Guest

Thank you, everyone! There was no content label so I'm not sure of the fabric but it definitely feels like rayon. The label was really throwing me off because it definitely looks 1950s to 1960s. So glad I was able to find out a little more information about it. Thanks again!